MOLAR IMPLANT MAGIC
Thomas V. McClammy, DMD, MS
16 C.E. units available
Course is limited to TEN participants
Numerous patients today present with molars that are easily diagnosed as hopeless, and there are several treatment options that can and should be addressed with these patients. A well-placed dental implant in the molar site is often a viable treatment option, and oftentimes, this molar site implant can be immediately provisionalized.
This course will demonstrate techniques for immediate placement of dental implants in the molar extraction site. Each attendee will be given the necessary armamentarium, on a 3D printed model, to extract a molar, place an implant and then fabricate an immediate provisional restoration. All of this will be accomplished with the aid of a Zeiss dental microscope.
- Distinguish molars that can be saved from those requiring extraction;
- Identify the range of treatment options available for patients diagnosed with a hopeless molar (or molars);
- Determine the best course of treatment available, as indicated, for management of a hopeless molar;
- Understand the elements of molar implant placement, including planning, extraction, bone grafting and provisionalizing;
- Recognize the value of molar implants as a treatment option, both for patients and for a thriving practice.